Buying new BP/W on SAT....need advice!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miked10

Registered
Reaction score
I have worked some killer OT at work and have cleared enough to gear up.

I am 180lbs, usually dive 7mm Bare Artic SGS w/ 7mm vest. Crayy between 24-28lbs depending on how i'm feeling that day.

DiveRite SS BP
DiveRite SS STA
DiveRite SS CamBands
DiveRite Venture Wing
DiveRite Harness
TransWeight 32 system

Good? Bad? Anything youd suggest that would be a nicer fit? Let me know!!! Cant wait to start using it. Gonna trim it out nice in the pool and get some bottom time during the winter!!!!

The thing about a BP/W rig is that all parts are interchangeable with other manufacturers parts.

So you really can't go wrong.

I say buy it and dive it till it wears out. That's what I did.

Peter

Nice setup, the Venture wing is one of the best single wings available, but you may want the Trek Wing and have the 40# wing so you can have the extra 12# lift in your bladder to compensate for neoperene compression at depth.
In case you use doubles, the Trek will perform well for a small setup. The rest of the gear is top notch so nothing to argue there.
Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

miked10:
I have worked some killer OT at work and have cleared enough to gear up.

I am 180lbs, usually dive 7mm Bare Artic SGS w/ 7mm vest. Crayy between 24-28lbs depending on how i'm feeling that day.

DiveRite SS BP
DiveRite SS STA
DiveRite SS CamBands
DiveRite Venture Wing
DiveRite Harness
TransWeight 32 system

Good? Bad? Anything youd suggest that would be a nicer fit? Let me know!!! Cant wait to start using it. Gonna trim it out nice in the pool and get some bottom time during the winter!!!!

I use a venture wing for warm water single tank diving. As the other guys said if you need that much weight to get down get the bigger wing you will be much happier. Other than that great choice in the dive rite gear. I love mine

i had the same preference as you but my local lds only sold the diverite wings. everything else like the bp and sta and harness were made by a local supplier called KAG. i then decided to get the halcyon instead which was all original and imported. best decision i have ever made. im biased of course because H is the only bc i have ever known.

I really like my DSS single tank rig, but the Dive Rite stuff is nice too. My only advice is to ditch the Transweight pouches and go with a DUI Weight & Trim system. It really holds the weight better and allows you to adjust trim if needed. If you are carrying that much weight, the DUI system will work a lot better, IMO of course.

another thing to remember is that you will be dropping some lead of your belt to compensate for the BP and STA so I just just say go with what you have and enjoy all your hard work!

Cheers Alex

The wing may end up being a tad on the small side if you find yourself diving at 100' with a big, full tank. It might be OK, and it might not.. I've heard that the lift on the Venture is on the "low" side of 30, not the high side... so be careful.

It will be more than enough lift on the surface.

pants!:
The wing may end up being a tad on the small side if you find yourself diving at 100' with a big, full tank. It might be OK, and it might not.. I've heard that the lift on the Venture is on the "low" side of 30, not the high side... so be careful.

It will be more than enough lift on the surface.
I owned a Venture wing ... and based on the specifications listed, I don't think it will provide adequate lift. Diving at depth won't be the issue ... surface swimming will.

The Venture doesn't provide nearly the same actual lift capacity as the comparably-rated DSS or Oxycheq wings (I also own both of those).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I owned a Venture wing ... and based on the specifications listed, I don't think it will provide adequate lift. Diving at depth won't be the issue ... surface swimming will.

The Venture doesn't provide nearly the same actual lift capacity as the comparably-rated DSS or Oxycheq wings (I also own both of those).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Surface swimming? How so? I never have my wing fully inflated on the surface..

Seems to me that having on lots of neoprene, which will compress significantly at depth, is the cause for needing lots of lift, not surface swimming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom