Jacksonville Diving- Now's the Time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reel Crazy14

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Took a trip to a wreck and ledge reef out of Jacksonville today and time to dive NE FL is now! Water has fallen to about 73, and all the fish have started their migration and are going nuts. Between the two dives, 5 turtles were seen, along with some nurse sharks, and the swarms of cudas are back. Free jumping sailfish provided entertainment during our surface interval. The wreck I dove was surrounded by 3 different types of bait balls, and every fish you can think of was there. Vis was an ok 40-50 feet. I have never seen that many fish crammed onto one wreck, it was really an awesome sight and speared a cobia on top of it. So if you get the chance, get out there, now's the time!

Glad you had a good time. I might just take your advise. Which boat did you use?

Glad ya'll got to go.We had similar conditions.Had a #50+cobia and saw quite few interesting things.Cowries as big as a grapefruit,turtles,lionfish and tons of small fish.Here's a buddy with his personal best bug.

we always take our own boat, the charters never take you out far enough to see the good stuff. I believe Jax scuba center is sometimes willing to go out further than the others so maybe give them a call.

100days-a-year- That's a big bug! I looked around for some yesterday but all I found were toadfish. Maybe next time. It seems every time I don't have my lobster gear with me, I see at least a few!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom