My fellow Floridians

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelpout34

Registered
Reaction score
I have already posted in the introductions and greets section, but I figured this would hit my target audience.

I am 36yo and recently, within 1 week, OW certified. I am married but my wife does not dive, she doesn’t even swim. I recently moved to Jacksonville and do not know a lot of people.

So what I need are dive buddies or people that will just let me tag along.

During my certification, my instructor used terms like “One of the easiest classes I have had” and “Natural”. I also have most of my initial gear already and know how most of it works.

I am actually a fun person to be around and I don’t send children running away in fear. I can be funny and witty or I can just be a shut-the-heck up and just buy the beer newbie.

Either way, just take me with, PLEASE!

Welcome to Florida, If your ever in the Central Florida area let us know we're always game for a dive. Have you done Vortex Springs yet? From JVille, your not far from quite a few nice spots. At any rate welcome to Florida and Welcome to diving.

Peace

eelpout34:
...I can just be a shut-the-heck up and just buy the beer newbie.

Either way, just take me with, PLEASE!

Careful with a statement like that :wink: there is quite a large Florida population here on the board and you might just go broke LOL! I'm sure you'll find quite a few people on the board to dive with, I know I have and I'm in Ohio :)
Ber :lilbunny:

There's a LOT of us here in Sunny FLORIDA. I did 4 dives this past weekend, and 4 the weekend before that. I might dive this coming Sunday, and I'll probably dive the weekend after that. I want to try to visit every major spring in N. FL. if possible.

If you're buying beer, come on out to the panhandle and dive with us :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
If you're buying beer, come on out to the panhandle and dive with us :D
How did I know you'd say that?! I'll bet you smelled the beer on this thread! Hello eelpout34, welcome to SB and the wonderful world of diving. Florida is the easiest place to find dive buddies. I've found most divers are very willing to let newbies tag along. Posted trips are an open ivitation to join the fun. Dive in anytime you see a trip you'd like to go on. Many SBers go to the springs regularly. Feel free to plan/post your own gathering, if you'd like. Others will jump in, if they're available. Sometimes it's just a few divers getting together, or sometimes it's on a grand scale! The Florida Conch Divers' next big event is the turkey fry in Venice. That might be a li'l too far for you. I'll bet you could get several Conchs together, that same weekend at Ginnie Springs. I'd like to be diving that Saturday (Nov. 26th) just not sure yet if I'll be able to. Good luck and dive safely!

hello everyone!! I enjoyed a shore dive near sharkys peir just this past sunday. I would like to go off of venice beach this coming weekend if anyone is around???sat or sun. or possibly both, am free all weekend!

Li'l38:
How did I know you'd say that?! I'll bet you smelled the beer on this thread!

Know me so well and we've only met briefly at the Megadive? You sure you weren't at Vortoberfest keeping an eye out for crazy SB'er drinking habits? :D Stick around longer next time and you'll see how right you are! :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom