navigate venice??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're on a boat, head south. If you're driving, head back up Venice Ave to the light at Harbor. Turn right, Sharky's is 2 or 3 (a guess) miles down the road on the right.

Yup,Thats how I do it

thanks! im from venice but i was whondering about sub-level navigation...underwater. i know where the reef is and also the fossil trail from land but how far out does it go? and north to south?

Ohh....well.. there is the closer in stuff about 100 yards then there is an area off of Golden Beach Rd that is either refered to as Golden Beach or the Bone Yard, its about a mile off shore and seems to be about 1/4 either side of the central point (GB road) in about 30' of water. I'm sure you can explore around some and find lots more out there to as the whole are used to be a prehistoric river that emptied into a grassy bay, hence the shell fossils of shells commonly found in the bays as well. :)

I was thinking about what your asking - generally there isn't a map of 'toothy' spots because they shift around. With the introduction of 18 million dollars of sand, the toothy spots have shifted somewhat, but seem to be still in the same general areas, though a reef is now missing. Its a hunt till you find it sort of thing, looking to the tell tale signs of the pebbles on the sand. I've also found I have good luck when I go a little further out into the 18-20' zone where the clay and larger rocks are at. Thats the area I have found horse teeth and megs.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom