Dive sites not too far from Toronto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barrie, in Kempenfeldt (sp?) Bay. There is supposed to be a wreck called the Morrison, I think, in the bay right off the city. It can apparently be done as a shore dive but I haven't made it yet.

You might also want to review the following thread then do some more research. http://www.scubaboard.com/t9655/s.html

Morrison - good starter dive, depth 27ft, nice pretty wreck in Barrie
Big Bay Point - BOOOORRRING, look sand and zebra mussels. Oh look there's some more!
Sligo - Humber Bay wreck

PM me if you want directions to the Morrison.

Are you MAD? You can't even SEE in Humber Bay let alone find the Sligo! :wink:

What about Sherkston? At least there's a whole train down there plus all that quarry equipment...

~SubMariner~

Originally posted by SubMariner
Are you MAD? You can't even SEE in Humber Bay let alone find the Sligo! :wink:

~SubMariner~

I don't know? I've never dove on it but the link below takes you a page full of photos of the wreck and the vis doesn't look really bad to me (it's not the Caribbean). I suspect that it all depends on the flow of the Humber river. If it has rained a lot recently and the suspended sediment load of the Humber river is high then vis in the bay may be bad but it looks okay in these photos.

http://www.geocities.com/marvintpaa/sligo.html

maybe "sediment" is an polite term.....

Actually SM, I've been told that it is alot better that it used to be.

Excellent suggestion!

Kris's latest book is The Great Lakes Diving Guide. A "must have" for any Ontario diver!

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom