Local trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I posted a couple of trips in the calendar section, one in November and one in January. The November trip is at Lake Pleasant to just do some training dives. The January trip is a combo Laughlin/Lake Mohave trip. Room rates at the Flamingo are $20/night. This is the perfect little getaway for anyone who has a nondiving S.O. There's no gimmick, no cost to dive outside of the usual. It's just a chance to get together and do some diving and have some fun. Let me know if you're interested and I'll provide more details.

I'm probably blind, but I couldn't find those trips on the calendar. We're doing our checkout dives later this month, but would be interested in going January to practice our new skills. What dates did you have in mind? Thanks, booth

Look here for the SB calendar. You can access this by clicking on calendar in the Arizona Scuba forum, then jump to the month and year at the bottom right of the page.

You can also look here for my personal calendar of local trips.

Here is some information and photos of Lake Mohave.

Hope to meet you soon.

Just a reminder about the Lake Mohave trip next week. We'll be arriving in Laughlin around 6 or 7pm on the 8th and are tentatively planning a night dive. Diving most of the day on the 9th. If we can get gas fills, we'll also be diving the 10th. If not, we'll probably do a couple of dives at Lake Mead instead.

I'm planning a day trip to Lake Pleasant on the 26th. If you'd like to join us, let me know and I'll give you more info on how to get there and when.

Dive-aholic:
I'm planning a day trip to Lake Pleasant on the 26th. If you'd like to join us, let me know and I'll give you more info on how to get there and when.

I am interested, please give me some more information.

Thank you,

Rob

air_hog:
I am interested, please give me some more information.

Thank you,

Rob

PM sent.

Day trip on the 26th is not happening. I am going out of town that day on a last minute non-diving trip. We'll be at Lake Pleasant on Feb 18, though. If it's warm enough we might even get a night dive in on the 17th.

By the way, quick trip report on Lake Mohave a couple of weeks ago. It was really windy, to the point that there were several white caps on the lake that week. We went out to Cabin Site, but it wasn't protected enough to make a safe entry. Ended up heading over to Telephone Cove North and doing a couple of dives there. Temp 52 deg, Viz 20+ feet, Air temp 60ish. Telephone Cove is a sandy beach area. You can hit 40+ feet if you go out towards the beginning of the cove. No thermocline felt. There is a lot of stuff down there. Ended up recovering a camping chair in decent shape. Also found a card table, maybe 30" x 30", but left that there for next time. Other odds and ends just laying on the bottom. Not sure how the stuff got there other than falling off of boats in the area.

We also dove Lake Mead scuba park (no wind at all). Temp 58 deg, Viz 20+ feet. Lake level appears even lower than last time we were there, probably about 90 feet down. That B-29 is getting more and more shallow...

Thanks for the report Rob, I've really got to get up there to check out Mojave & Mead. Have you heard if the NPS is allowing diving on the B-29? I'd really like to see it. When is your next trip to Mojave?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom