Sunpak G Flash, Loc-Line arm extension - finally ready to get wet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have finally gotten all the pieces together to use my new set-up. I'm not sure I'll keep the Loc-Line this long if it flops around in the current - I'll just have to wait and see.

My new rig set-up

rig.jpg

Attachment of the Loc-Line arm and Sunpak handle

joint.jpg

I haven't had any issues in current with the arms IF the thing is attached to the base adequately. If it isn't - and this took a little bit of fiddling but not much - it can swing a bit...enough to throw the aim off. It's not a huge hassle, but one more thing to think about.

I've happily been using my locline on the Oly housing, ULCS arm/tray for about a year or so and have just moved it to the new Subal rig.

Now, quit talking and go get wet!! :D

I'm headed to the jetties tomorrow morning at 06:09 am. Is that soon enough for you? :D

It's about 8 hours from now - gear is mostly packed in the car (got to get my buddy moving or he'll have to get up even earlier :D) except for the camera stuff (Still charging those new batteries - I got a nice slow charger this time). It only takes about a half hour from door to shore so no long trip involved.

You too! Hope to see some pics from your dive as well.

Goodluck SY, looking forward to pics from your fancy-smancy camera and a report on the sandbar jetties! :D

Where is the loc-line arm flopping? I've been using mine for about 5 years, moved it from f*lm camera through 2 digital rig changes and the only place my gets hinky is if the base isn't mounted firmly and/or it's not tightened properly. The secret to me was the right combo of washers at the base.

I did notice on this last trip I have a couple of loc-line sections that move a bit more freely than usual, Still not floppy but not as stiff as it used to be. Makes sense, those sections are the places where I adjust the arm the most. So I'll be replacing those few sections.

I saw someone on some thread talk about threading clear vinyl tubing inside the arm to lower the flexibility some. Mine is just heavy on land and it performed well underwater today. I'll have to see what happens in stronger currents.

Back
Top Bottom