Oceanic Flex vs. Mares Vector 1000 MRS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gene1948

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering these two BCD's and would greatly appreciate any comments on which would be a better buy for a newbie. Thanks very much for your help, Gene

I have the Oceanic Flex and I'm very happy with it. It is fairly simple, not too busy. No body squeeze when you inflate at the surface. Keeps you in proper position at the surface. Seems to be made of very durable materials. You can use it with integrated weights or with weight belt, or combination of both. HAs trim weight pockets on back to help you adjust your trim. Maybe you should go to your LDS if they carry both and try them on, see which one fits you better.
Good Luck.

gene1948:
I am considering these two BCD's and would greatly appreciate any comments on which would be a better buy for a newbie. Thanks very much for your help, Gene

The Mares Vector 1000 fits like any other Mares jacket BCD, so if you've had a Mares rental before, you probably already know if you like the way they fit or not, and what size fits you. No big surprises on that one. I like mine, but I haven't tried the Oceanic one you're talking about, and your body probably isn't identically shaped to mine.

I would check out scubal.com because they are solid BC and are sold direct at a better price than anything I have found. I have a Stratus and my buddy has the rear inflate bc they sell but for a 170.00 and a free duffle it is a sweet deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom