BC on ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAVMED82

Registered
Reaction score
If I buy a Halcyon wing on ebay, what happens with the warranty? If I buy it through a dealer what kind of warranty do I get? Am I missing out by buying it on ebay?

Thanks,
Matt

Unless it is an authorized dealer, which I somehow would find hard to believe, you'll not have any warranty.
Halcyon has a very good reputation concerning costumer service. The rest would depend on the dealer. I had excellent experience with mine.

I would recomend buying the wing from a dealer, the rest of the gear can be bought at ebay (BP, harness, Weight system, ect.)

The bladder and inflator is the most critical combo of parts and the most likely to fail since it has to hold air inside it.

I checked those BP/Ws out on ebay. They look good. No warranty.

I have only had one item (a fin) replaced on warranty, ever!

Its a risk. I would thoroughly check and test anything from ebay before taking it out into real conditions and having my life depend on it. Actually, I would do that with any new gear, regardless of where it was purchased, just to test and become familier with it.

I find some good deals on Ebay but wouldn't purchase life support equipment there-to much at stake. Always best to buy life support equipment from authorized dealers. Shop around for Xmas specials and you may score a great deal!

I dont know,, I am a notorious Ebay buyer, and have gotten some great deals there. I have bought quite a fiew items listed as "new" and as yet have not been disapointed. As far as warranties go, I buy only high end gear, and the reputation speaks for itself, so I have NEVER used a warranty for a repair,,ever. MY... opinion, is, if it's a good deal, (really good) grab it. If it is anywhere close to a (your?) LDS, give them your business. I was at my LDS last night, and bought somthing for 150 bucks, I could have ordered it online for 99.00, but somtimes, you have to spend your $ at home. It's just good practice!

When it comes to life support equipment like Regulators, Computers & BCs or items like drysuits I think a LDS is best since they are usually authorized dealers of the items they sell plus if you have a problem they can usually take care of the service. I know my LDS will always let me use their same or similar equipment if I have something sent out for repair free of charge reguardless if it is warentee (sp) or maintenance. I know I pay somewhat of a premium but I am never left dry waiting equipment that is out if I have a problem.

I do like to buy some items on e-bay like dive lights a got a great deal on a new UK 100 light cannon, $125. Works great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom