How are the conditions at LBTS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I know several of you guys are diving LBTS today and I'm planning on driving down there tomorrow morning. How were the conditions today?

Absolutely Horrific!!!! I went diving this morning along with Walter (whmelig) at 8:30am off of Hibiscus (Just south of Commercial Pier) and the visibility was no more than 1 foot. We tried the first reef and soon went out to the second reef with no better luck. After about 10 minutes being below and seing close to nothing we called the dive.

Water temperature was about 80 degrees Farenheight according to my trusty computer.

I will go back out tomorrow if people want to go, but I don't believe it will be any better.

Hee hee! That's why I thumbed the dive, Andrew....

It was better than nothing especially after being fish out of water for a month. Can't wait for the keys, which you of course have decided to go on :D

On the upside surfing yesterday was pretty good. We hit deerfield beach and surfed for about 3 hours.

You must listen to Marvel, Andrew, she will dive almost anything so if she's thumbing the dive just go to mulligans and smoke a stogie!

Thanks, everyone. I've bagged the 3 1/2 hour trip down there and also cancelled my plans for an afternoon two tank trip out of West Palm as the seas are supposed to be 5-7 feet and viz this morning was around 10 feet! There's always next weekend!

I'll have to report after my afternoon trip with Divers Unlimited to the Mercedes. The wind here in Pembroke Pines tells me we'll be face some choppy seas, but I couldn't pass up a chance to go on a 23 capacity boat with only 6 signed up. Gottta be the best of both worlds: a "six-pack" manifest on a "cattle boat"?

More later. Better chow down with some greasy burgers and fries.

It was at least good execise, right Andrew. LOL. I started to get sea sick at one point with all the surge. I least I got my feet wet.

The front came in and the 11/13/05 Mercedes trip was scratched. Looks like debersole made the right decision.
This was my first time to the Dania Pier area since they brought in the sand. Wow.

The free time did give me a chance to read the December Scuba Diver article about ear pain and the enzyme tablet Clear-ease.

http://www.alerg.com/page/A/PROD/SST/SST9000

Anybody have experience with it?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom