All Day Charters in Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RecklessAmateur

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My buddy and I are planning a trip to the Upper Keys in early December and are looking to maximize dive time (had to cancel out on a liveaboard so looking for next best thing). We can clearly do two half day trips with all kinds of operators, but would just as soon spend the whole day on the water rather than go out and back in and back out again and back in again. So I'm looking for suggestions of who might do a full day charter. I realize this would be a simpler proposition if there were 6 of us or so diving, but figured I'd ask anyway. Thanks much.

I think that the only long range trip that would warrant an all day or overnight trip would be to the Dry Tortugas. You can find operators in the lower keys that do these trips ... not sure about the upper keys.

Amy Slate has a six-pack catamaran you can rent by the day. I think it's $360 for the day. If you get 3 divers = 12 tanks (at least) = $130 per diver for 4 dives.

CAPT HOOK:
Amy Slate has a six-pack catamaran you can rent by the day. I think it's $360 for the day. If you get 3 divers = 12 tanks (at least) = $130 per diver for 4 dives.
I'm pretty sure that Amy Slate's "Just-In-Time" costs $360 per half day, plus $15 per diver for two tanks and weights.

If you have a clue about handeling a boat and navigation, I'd recomend renting a boat at Pennecamp marina at key Largo- it is a short run to the Spiegle Grove, Benwood, and reef. about $300 for 8am-5pm rental on the boat, includes all the gas, you just need to provide your own tanks and weights. If there is just 2 of you they would let you take 8 tanks out on the 24' open fisherman.

I went this route after an opporator "forgot" to put a friend and I on the roster for the Spiegle, and since then I have been diving Largo this way exclusively.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom