Sardinia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Huey

New
Reaction score
Have been checking in before to see what place this really is. Seems OK so I'm now oficially signed on and I post my first message right away:

Going to Sardinia end of July and beginning of August. Have foud a load of dive centers but not really that many web pages. Any tips on good dive centers? Dive locations to aim for?

Cheers,
/Huey

The north part of Sardinia is pretty for diving, but the water is not so warm, I usually feel fine with my 7+7 mms.

The area called Costa Smeralda is awfully expensive, but is probably best of the whole island.

Saying that Spain is close, that's a bit far-fetched!

In Palau, in the North of Sardinia, I dived with ScubaPoint. Their website is in Italian, English and Spanish, and their instructors speak these languages. http://www.scubapoint.info/
I did my Open Water with them and was very happy with their patience, professionalism and good humour. Lots of beautiful stuff to see underwater. Have fun!

We dived off Vilasimius in the south east. Very disappointing - nothing to see. We would have liked to dive some other sites but ran out of time, but we wouldn't bother going back to Sardinia.

cheers
Rosie

If you change your mind I'll send you my ranges for a wooden hulled wreck we used to dive. Also you could go about half way back toward Caglari and dive at Cala Regina, especially night dives, cery neat spot, both points of the cove too.

Rosie once bubbled...
We dived off Vilasimius in the south east. Very disappointing - nothing to see. We would have liked to dive some other sites but ran out of time, but we wouldn't bother going back to Sardinia.

cheers
Rosie

Hi, dont know how long this message has been here but I have been to Sardinia and Corsica. I come from England UK and the water in August was warm. Vis is also good. Not many fish near the beaches only small ones. I did not do any scuba when I was there but there are clubs on some beaches. I stayed at Bahia Sardinia, about 2 miles from Costa Esmarelda. OK place with the only water park on the Island. Best restaurant there is El Gustio have the "La corsata" lobster, muscles, big prawns and clams, all from local waters! have fun.

Hi

I once dove a very beautiful site in Sardinia, it was about 50 meters deep (so you'll have to figure out wether you wanna dive this deep, according to you experince et level etc) and it was called "The red coral cave". Red corals everywhere !!

Actually I dove with Umberto Pelizzari :D

It was in near Santa teresa di Giulia, I think - but the dive center is known for being the Pelizzari club ... You'll find !!

Cheers, have fun !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom