Gulf of Mexico (Pinellas County)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceandvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone from the Pinellas county area been out to the Sheridan wreck lately or South County reef? I have plans to go out there next week and just wanted to hear a trip report (temp., vis, any red tide effects, etc.). If someone would be so kind to post one, I'd greatly appreciate it. :D

Thank you!

Nancy,

Are planning a gulf dive? If you would like some company I'm always looking for somebody to go gulf diving with. My usual buddy hates the gulf.

sergeantnic:
Nancy,

Are planning a gulf dive? If you would like some company I'm always looking for somebody to go gulf diving with. My usual buddy hates the gulf.

Weather permitting, I'm going out on a friend's boat sometime this week or weekend. Maybe I or you or someone from the Tampa Bay area can set up a chartered SB group Gulf trip??

Did you guys end up going out to the Sheridan? I've been trying to get out there all season, but Gulf near Pinellas Co. has been really bad this year due to red tide. The fish population on near-shore reefs has dropped quite a bit, sponges are dieing, etc.

If you went out, what was the vis like? How about the marine life?

ChrisF:
Did you guys end up going out to the Sheridan? I've been trying to get out there all season, but Gulf near Pinellas Co. has been really bad this year due to red tide. The fish population on near-shore reefs has dropped quite a bit, sponges are dieing, etc.

If you went out, what was the vis like? How about the marine life?

Rough seas prevented us from diving the wreck that week. And I'd like to get out there at some point to see if it was affected by red tide as well, but that doesn't seem likely over the next few weeks.

If anyone does try to do a charter or plan a trip, please let me know as I would be interested. Thanks, Sam

idivedeeperlonger:
If anyone does try to do a charter or plan a trip, please let me know as I would be interested. Thanks, Sam

Will definitely post info when I set up a chartered trip. :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom