Southern Brittany, France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaun3247

Reaction score
I will be spending 3 weeks in Southern Brittany during September, staying in Trinite sur Mer...
Any useful contacts?
Advice?
Dive buddies?

Regards,

Shaun
:bounce:

There is a large german U-boat pen near there. I'm sure there must some wreckage around. I was planning on heading in that direction this year sometime (I won a ferry ticket :)) but I haven't investigated the diving yet. Sorry, not very helpful

Thanks for the reply.

I think the U Boat pen is in Lorient... I saw something about it on tv a week or two ago.

I hope the diving is going to be good... the wife and I have booked a mobile home for the last 3 weeks in September... watch this space.

Thanks for the offer Mikey. We are going somewhat further south, near Carnac.

Seems that no-one on the board has dived the area, or at least that will own up to the fact.

I'll let you know at the end of next month why that is. :wink:

Shaun3247:
I will be spending 3 weeks in Southern Brittany during September, staying in Trinite sur Mer...
Any useful contacts?
Advice?
Dive buddies?

Regards,

Shaun
:bounce:
My first posting! Hi from Leigh-on-Sea. Also heading for Carnac in Southern Brittany next month. I've managed to find links to a couple of nearby dive centre's but has anybody got any experience of diving in that area?

I know only North-West Brittany diving, but if you speak French I can give you a contact with South Brittany divers.

Bretagne:
I know only North-West Brittany diving, but if you speak French I can give you a contact with South Brittany divers.

Merci, ashamed that my French is not that great. I have details of a couple of nearby dive centre's but wondered if any board members had any experience of diving in the area. Thanks for your help.

Hi shaun,
i don't know if you already got the aswers to your questions but i well know south Brittany especially near La trinité and Carnac.
In fact i registered to this forum only to answer you. ;-)

So, around La trinité, you will find many opportunities to dive with commercial organisations or not.
I don't know your skill and your tastes, but normally you'll find something to match you needs.
Commercial orgs are :
- in La Trinité : "Made In Blue" . They are good and can bring you to all the interesting spots around.
- in Carnac : there is two, the first i have forgotten the name is in front of the main beach in the basement of the hotel "Le Plancton", the other located in the rear of the nautic center is again "made in Blue".

If you like "Bio" diving, you have two great spots in the Etel ... river. Yes in a river! Just located 300 to 500 meters from the sea you will find an extraordinary variety of sea specimens in less than 20 meters. And you dive for free, cause you don't need boat, you begin from the river bank!

Mail me back if you're interested. Diving on these spots is a bit tricky, cause you have to kow the exact palces and to be really well synchronized with the "marée haute" (i don't know the english word), but it worth the pain, really.

For great sensations, you can also try a "dérivante" in the "Golfe du Morbihan (only with commercial org, cause you need a boat, unless you got one). It's a diving around -30 meters in the flowd. You have very less to do, only enjoy the view and guide a bit. The water flow do the job for you. (The boat drop you at one end of the "golfe" and pick you up at the other end, simple!) I'll try it in the first week of august. The last time i asked to Made in blue, they said me that they organize this diving every Friday afternoon around 6PM. check it.

There are also 5 or so sunk boats, and finally the island Houat, Belle-île ... And the Lorient Submarine (U171 i believe). I will dive on it in the beguinning of october.

I don't know if i will be able to dive in this area during september. May be a week-end, but feel free to contact me.

Regards.

Jerome

Back
Top Bottom