Ocean Master not honoring Warranties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eagle-scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently sent my OceanMaster Pro Knight II BCD back to the manufacturer for warranty service, as it is less than a year and a half old, and has had several problems, stiching coming undone , and eyelets pulling out , as well as the cumber bun attachment pullin apart and falling off, only to get a letter back stating the "Effectively immediately to all Ocean Master authorized dealers, The following Knight Pro BCs will not be replaced free of charge: 1. Those units that have been used in water(ocean, lake ,or Pool) 2. Those units that are used, or have been used in a rental program or, 3. those units that have been tampered with, 4. those units that are Not Defective. There will be a service charge for all items that WE decide fall in any one or more of the above categories. The service charge may be $50 and up, depending on the extent of the repairs needed. The repair cost should not exceed the cost of the unit( refer to the original serial number on your invoice)." To me ,this is a DIRECT AND DELIBERATE FAILURE TO HONOR THE 2year MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY give at the time of purchase and attached to the unit itself... all of my attempts to contact Ocean Master ,as well as several shop owner I have contacted in regards to this matter, have been unanswered... the BCD has only been used for my personal diving pleasures and has never been abused, and now to get this from them.....show the kind of manufactures that come from JAPAN, and just what they think of HONORING their Products........ Mark Rogers, Eagle-scuba

That's frustrating. First, it's only a 2 yr warranty and second they're giving you a hard time while your within the warranty period. Not Cool! Personally, I think manufacturers should stand behind their products for life.

TY ...they should at least honor it untill the warranty expires...but that is the AMERICAN way...not theirs....I am thinking about contacting the Attorney General of California and of Texas to let them look into the matter......M

According to the Fax....1938 Tyler Ave. Suite A, El Monte, Ca 91733 Phone # 626-582-8000, fax 626-582-8101,...Email sales@oceanmaster.com if they don`t warranty these products, and just decide to stop warranties when they want,....what about any other products they sell....maybe the same? My understanding from the shop owners and internet sales companies is that Ocean Masters is a Japanese owned company , manufacturing in California,...TY for your reply...

Back
Top Bottom