My camera case imploded at depth last week.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawrence914

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
yep. it's dead. :D

Why am I smiling? Because I paid like 40 dollars for this crappy underwater camera (max depth 22 meters) five years ago. It was a total PITA to reload with film. I figured it would last me a summer of diving. I got my money out of it and some nice snapshots.

Now I'm shopping for a new camera. I'm leaning towards a digital camera. But, if I get a digital model, it'll need to be dual usage. Something I can take out of the case and use on-land.

My price range is under 400 dollars. I don't *think* I need anything over 4 megapixels, but maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

My intended use? Snapshots. Maybe print a some for a photo album or if I luck into an exceptional shot that could be a Christmas card. Email them to friends and make them jealous that I'm diving and they're not. :14:

Comments and suggestions are certainly welcome...

-Lawrence

i just bought a Canon A520 4mp with housing and 512mb card at www.adorama.com for less than $400

Spoon:
how deep did you take your camera? just curious

Thanks for all the replies!

I think it happened about 12-15 meters down. Not very deep. No worries... I was surprised it lasted as long as it did. :)

Snow, I'm always wary of used gear. I know not everyone is as AR as I tend to be.

Mike, how do you like your Canon? Have you used it underwater alot?

-L

I have a SonyDCS-P100 Cyber shot 5.1 mega pixel wit a Carl Zeiss lens in i. have had it for a couple of years and loe it. Just recently bought a housig for it from Sony as well... mdl #MPK-PHB and it is great. is a small compact unit that is easy to tote underwater. all for around $450 US. Just my 2cents

Mike Veitch:
i just bought a Canon A520 4mp with housing and 512mb card at www.adorama.com for less than $400

Mike could you post some pics with this camera and give your general impression of it?
I'm considering purchasing it :D.

Thanks a million :14:.

Those Canons are great - stick with the A series. There are some S70 users who really like theirs, too, but there are more A users to offer images and suggestions.

Have a look for a recent thread on the A620 - I think it's midwestdiver. Great results...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom