zeagle bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

louis

Registered
Reaction score
I notice on the the zeagle.com home page, under bc's, they carry a bp/w, but don't list much info about the system other than some pictures. Anyone have experince with this rig?

louis:
I notice on the the zeagle.com home page, under bc's, they carry a bp/w, but don't list much info about the system other than some pictures. Anyone have experince with this rig?

Here are some pics of the backplate/manta wing in use:

Rapid%20Diver%20with%20Extended%20Duration%20Package_jpg.jpg

Paired%20with%2080%20cu%20ft_jpg.jpg

Ultimate%20redundent%20system_jpg.jpg

Sorry the website doesn't say to click on the picture of the deluxe or standard backplate system.

If you do these pages open up.

http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?submenu=HeavyDutyBC&src=gendocs&link=Backplate_dlx

http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?submenu=HeavyDutyBC&src=gendocs&link=Backplate_std

There are some new back plate wings that use the standard mounting system you see on the manta Wing also. We need to post photos of them soon.

The photos rapidiver posted also include the Rapidiver mounted backplate system.

Chad
FL Zeagle Rep.

Unless he's going for a walk on the oceans floor, those pics also include a diver with trim problems. :D
How about choosing pics that would promote a more environmentally friendly way to dive?

aquaoren:
Unless he's going for a walk on the oceans floor, those pics also include a diver with trim problems. :D
How about choosing pics that would promote a more environmentally friendly way to dive?

These are just random pics. The one you're referring to was taken while messing around with some new equipment at our test site (no reef, just limestone). It's actually kind of a mish-mash of gear. It was just the first pic I found to show Louis the rig underwater and not a demonstration of proper trim.

Chad,
You mention there are some new wings for the Zeagle backplate which are not yet listed on the Zeagle website. Can you describe them and or post some pictures of them?
Also is the Zeagle backplate compatible with other MFG's wings (such as Oxycheq, DiveRite, Halcyon, etc.) I'm looking to make a purchase of BP/W rigs for myself and my wife and have been narrowing down my choices. I thought I had settled on The DiveRite BP with a Venture wing until I found that Zeagle also makes a BP.

rapidiver:
These are just random pics. The one you're referring to was taken while messing around with some new equipment at our test site (no reef, just limestone). It's actually kind of a mish-mash of gear. It was just the first pic I found to show Louis the rig underwater and not a demonstration of proper trim.
Yeah, I understand.
Nevertheless, Scubaboard is very popular and if a dealer promoting gear of one of the more reputable manufacturer chooses pics like that, it would be possible for a new diver to assume this is the appropriate way to dive over a coral reef or an old wooden wreck. :wink:

louis:
Yep,just finished teaching a pool class(and I mean just now) with one similar the the picture in Rapidivers post(mine looks a little cleaner). I love it and works great with my drysuit as well!

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom