It's been a while...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
...since I posted any photos and since I've had such awesome dives over the past week I thought now would be a good time! The nudibranchs have exploded on all dive sites lately and it isn't uncommon to see 9 or more species in a single dive! And I stopped counting the number of individuals :) Makes it hard to point the camera at anything else really...

Here are a few:

Glossodoris astromarginata pretending to be a bunny:
Glossastromperk.jpg

Very small Hypselodoris bullockii rockin' and rollin'
Hypsbullockiimouth.jpg

Sticking with the tiniest - Chromodoris fidelis
Cfidelis.jpg

Lots of other neat creatures out there, too:

Crocodile smile
croc1.jpg

Ugly crab guy
crabnoID_MG_6554.jpg

I haven't had a chance to go through many of the photos I've taken so this is just a small sample. All of these are from the 60mm EFS Canon macro lens. Most of the tiny nudibranchs are also with Woody's dioptre.

Enjoy...

Sweet stuff, lovin the nudis. I have never seen a bullocki i think. MInd you the only one or yours i have seen is the Glossodoris.

Great angle on the croc

Very cool. Are those on Ningaloo Reef? I think I've just added another destination to my list.
Luke

That first nudi reminds me of the Easter bunny! Great shots!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom