Battery Performance (EN-EL1)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PacketSniffer

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Nikon CoolPix 4500 that I'm using in a Ikelite housing. Above ground, I can always get over 300 pictures (with flash) with each of the three batteries that I have. However, I have noticed that each battery barely lasts 40 pictures when using it underwater. I don't have any external strobes connected. The temp has been around 80f during most of the picture taking. Two of the batteries are non-Nikon but more powerful. It's been like this since day one taking it underwater. I don't have a clue as to why this is happening. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Richard

Are you using the internal flash on the camera? That can drain a battery pretty quick, especially if you're using it at full power.

Dee:
Are you using the internal flash on the camera? That can drain a battery pretty quick, especially if you're using it at full power.

Sometimes it is used but rarely because it does me no good. It mostly bounces off the inside of the housing and helps little. However, I don't see how this would make a difference underwater since I can take over 300 pictures WITH the flash while above the water.

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom