Tusa 3850

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zilch

Contributor
Reaction score
I was at the UK NEC Dive show about 13 months ago and tried on the 3850, which i thought would be an excellent first BCD for myself, good fit, felt comfortable. Since then i have moved to sunny OZ.

Whilst trawling around the dive shops in Sydney, i have been told that this is no longer available, yet i believed the 3850 was a new release for 2005, so am somewhat baffled
if it was replaced within a short period of time.

Does anyone know if it was a). released in OZ, b). still being marketed. The TUSA websites suggest it is ??

Confused of Sydney

Cheers

Jim:06:

zilch:
I was at the UK NEC Dive show about 13 months ago and tried on the 3850, which i thought would be an excellent first BCD for myself, good fit, felt comfortable. Since then i have moved to sunny OZ.

Whilst trawling around the dive shops in Sydney, i have been told that this is no longer available, yet i believed the 3850 was a new release for 2005, so am somewhat baffled
if it was replaced within a short period of time.

Does anyone know if it was a). released in OZ, b). still being marketed. The TUSA websites suggest it is ??

Confused of Sydney

Cheers

Jim:06:

Hi Jim. I doubt seriously if the 3850 is being replaced. It is a new release, or a slight re-engineering of the older 3800. To my knowledge, it is marketed worldwide and is a pretty good bc. If you can't find it at home, it is widely available from the US. Here is a link if you are inclined to purchase it from the US. Thanks.

TUSA BCJ-3850

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

We are still getting them here... The 3850 is the new weight system version of the 3800. The 3800 used the velcro weight pockets while the 50 series uses a handle pull that releases a plastic clip that holds the pocket in place. This was changed as the old system was either so still you couldn't get the weights out, or they would just drop out on their own. I believe it was based on how the BC felt that day!:wink: The new system is far superior.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom