A BP/Wings FAQ With all the Info From These Forums Is Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

java

Reaction score
Between lurking and posting here I have recieved an incredible ammount of information regarding BP/Wings. It took many posts and lots of reading to get the answers I needed.
What is really needed is a good FAQ on the subject.
One should be written by the experts who hang out here and posted here for comments.Once a concensus is reached for a "final 1.0" version lets have it posted for all to see.
This would be an incredible resource as well as a time saver so the same questions dont have to be answered again and again and again.

Thanks for all the help up to this point.

Who's answers gets put in as being the correct ones???
There are a lot of differing opinions.
Some questions may have a clear answer where others don't.

Example:
" is a BP and wings better than a vest style BC??

Answer:
Depends on who you listen to!!

Nothing wrong with having multiple answers to one question and have the reader sift through the different opinions.

I think there is a fair amount of information that is FACT vs. OPINION. I think a summary could be written summarzing both that would be useful (making it obvious which is which), allowing the reader to draw their own conclusions.

I too have thought that FAQs on different topics would be a great addition to the board. And from phone conversations with King_Neptune and LadyDiver, they do as well.

But the real trick is creating them.

Not so much the technical expertise as having the time.

ScubaSource Network and Scuba Board are, at this time, a volunteer project, and a massive one at that. All of the folks that work in the background keep the board going and creating new wonderful things for us (many you don't know about....yet) also have real paying jobs that they must provide adequate time for. And not to mention the chance to go diving.

I can tell you that FAQs are on the "to do" list. So keep contributing your ideas of what you envision them to be like. And folks like TechAdmin will log them and take them in consideration when the time comes to work on this project.

--TM

Back
Top Bottom