Nov 30th - Temptation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The Temptation is back in the water with her new engines and faster than ever!

I tried to dive her this weekend or Monday but it seems the seats are all sold out so I secured a seat on the Wed boat.

I made a coupel of dropes this weekend. Yes it was fast but stell gotlobsters and had a grate time

Skeeter1097: So what were the conditions like? What sorts of critters were out? What was the underwater visabilty? What was the water temperature? Current?

I heard the seas were rough but the visability was about 60' and the current not too bad which is about all we can hope for in winter. Luckily the hurricanes should be goen for awhile now we just have to deal with 4' ~ 6' seas and shrugging on lots of neoprene.

I am looking forward to your dive report.

Yay :fruit: I beat Eric to the post.. lol.. Ya'll missed an amazing dive today. We saw 3 or 4 eels, 2 turtles, 2 nurse sharks (1 really really big) a reef shark and finally Eric got to see my 10 foot bull shark out on the Tunnels today... The water temp was a brisk 75 on dive one and 73 on dive two. Nice North current bringing in 80+ feet of viz. Looking up from the bottom of the reef you could clearly see the top, I nice change from the crummy viz we've been having.

Captain Paul was his normal cheerful self full of smiles and glee, excited over all the new work done on the boat (looking pretty sweet I might add). I even got to see a picture of Coby's new little baby, what a cutie.

Captain Paul is going to let me or Eric know when he starts seeing the lemon sharks again (not too far off) so we can get another famous Juptier SB dive going.

baitedstorm:
Yay :fruit: I beat Eric to the post.. lol.. Ya'll missed an amazing dive today. We saw 3 or 4 eels, 2 turtles, 2 nurse sharks (1 really really big) a reef shark and finally Eric got to see my 10 foot bull shark out on the Tunnels today... The water temp was a brisk 75 on dive one and 73 on dive two. Nice North current bringing in 80+ feet of viz. Looking up from the bottom of the reef you could clearly see the top, I nice change from the crummy viz we've been having.

Captain Paul was his normal cheerful self full of smiles and glee, excited over all the new work done on the boat (looking pretty sweet I might add). I even got to see a picture of Coby's new little baby, what a cutie.

Captain Paul is going to let me or Eric know when he starts seeing the lemon sharks again (not too far off) so we can get another famous Juptier SB dive going.

COOL BEANERS!!!
Yes , let us know when those , er , Lemons come around again.
I LOVED that time I was down a salting with you all.
Sounds like you had a wonderful day of diving ... Ahhh ... :D :D :D

Jeano Beano

P.S. I never did congratulate you on becoming an instructor btw !!! :D
Eyups , another instructor I have to wait on now ... Shine your fins , haul da tanks ,
bring the er , beverages ... :wink:

As to being beat to the post I know my place as your plebe. I found out later that my DEAR friend was secretly criticizing my every move as her DM canidate. Luckily, I was having a VERY good day and she only chastised me on a few very minor points.

We employed our ultra cool (hot) heat packs that we obtained from Hoya97 who got them from a source at DEMA.. very very useful adn highly recommended!

It is true that I did see the famous Vickie BullSh(ark)! It shadowed us for at least half of the dive and was just outside of strike range or at least I would like to think that. I am amazed at how much I see going on around me now under the tutelage of the omniscient instructor BaitedStorm.

This was again a fantastic dive and another outstanding example of why I prefer this location and operation above all the other reef dive sites that I do. I am looking forward to finishing my training and the earning of my black belt of diving. The Zen definition of black belt is the path of learning. It seems more like the Green belt "Life of Labor."

The first site Paul called "Scarface" after a moray that has a scar which we spent some quality time with. (if you want the common name email me)
The second site was The Tunnels where the Bullshark came to say hello. We saw HUGE Goliath Grouper (Jewfish). We spotted a 12' nurse shark that was the biggest I have ever saw. Many yummy game fish: Pork fish, Hog fish, Jacks, and pompano. My dear buddy Steve caught TWO lobsters one of them being of the ONLY north of West palm beach size. Not scary knife fight big bt how do you get that in the bag large.

This was a great trip and CERTAINLY worth the vacation time I burned to get the day off.

Eric

Sounds like some terrific diving! Thanks for posting the trip report. I am so looking forward to seeing those areas and the lemons! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom