Ginnie springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanPHudson

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
do i need a cave specialty cert. to dive Ginny Springs? when is the next camping trip? im slowly learning where to look on this board...

No. You can dive Ginnie springs without one, you just can not take a dive light to any spring except the ball room (Ginnie). Take one for the ball room, it's realy neat.

To further elaborate, Ginnie Springs, has two cave systems, Ginnie Spring and the Devils System. Ginnie Spring is grated off 100ft in, and they do not require special training to enter the cavern. Devils is a full blown cave system, and they do require cave training in order to bring a light into the water, but not cave training to dive that area which consists of 3 caverns down a spring run.

will be in May, usually around the 16th or 20th, which are mine and wife's b-days respectively. We will be in the Turkey Roost loop just before the Devil's system on the left side. Look here for threads that get stickied around February regarding a "Ginnie Megadive." I am also doing a manatee trip on Dec 10-11 in Crystal River if you want to join in and meet the camping group as well.
I love Ginnie because it has something for everyone. When you get to the grate, hold on with one hand and relax, just don't turn your head, or you might lose your mask!
It's awesome to feel the millions of gallons of water rushing through your hair! better than a motorcycle ride in Winter!

The diving is ALMOST as nice as DeepSeaWolf's cooking! :D

eandiver:
I'll be there 12/11 in a tan chevy silverado

Ah , I assume dat dere ballroom , don't ya know , fer sure ... :11:

Jeano Beano

you must be a mind reader.....I do need to get with you about those other places up around Luraville though. How's the new job/work going?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom