anybody going on a diving/camping trip soon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanPHudson:
diving / camping anytime soon? male from southwest forida, AOW wreck and deep...

Looking for a buddy? I would be interested if its sometime in January. :D

Keys?

Alex

i've not been to the keys before but im game...details about campground ect?...

No, but I've been to a campground that was a dive.

Sorry, in a weird mood this morning.

There is some camping in the Keys, namely Pennecamp on Key Largo. Other camp grounds I've researched are actually RV parks and if you can tolerate the sound of generators, or 'twas the night after Hurricane, and all through the hood' sound, there are some other options further south.

http://www.pennekamppark.com/

There are some islands down on the Southesast coast which camping is allowed as well.

I could be sold on that.

I have spent two nights at Pennecamp on Key Largo, it was good. I am in if something is setup for mid-to-late January on a weekend or a long weekend. Always looking for a good reason for a day off. :)

Alex

maybe we could leave on friday the 20 th and return home on monday the 23 rd.? somthing like that? and i wonder if we have to pay by each individual and whatnot? anyone havve a clue what the water temp could be like, what tyoe of exposure suit ect...?also how about carpool? share gas ect.?? i live in venice...would that be a good idea?

I'd be game if it was late January. I have to start school again on the 9th, so I'll need a little time to get caught up with everything before I can take some time off.
Does anyone have info on dive charters in the keys? If we can get enough interest perhaps we could set up a few cool trips.
And what about the dry tortugas? Is the diving there interesting?

I'll talk to my wife and see what looks doable as far as good times to think of a gathering. I know we're pretty well covered through January 1... mid-late Jan may work. In March we're looking to do another Fossil Expedition again with Mark Renz and camping at Peace River CG again, though I may have another alternative for us if my neighbor goes for it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom