Woman's BCD, Triple L vs Diva

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

George Scherman

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got back from Kona. My wife rented a Diva BC there and loved it. Does anyone out there have experience with the Diva and the Triple L ladies BC? Any pros or cons one way or the other? Thanks.

Hey George,

How was the Stratos? Hope Kona was a blast!

I just got my wife a BC and I looked at the Triple-L women's BC, but the crossed straps seemed weird. Didn't look at the Diva.

So, to not answer your question, what we got her was a Zeagle Zena. It's a fantastic BC and because you can get different size parts, it fits her like a dream. The two belts instead of a cummerbund seem ideal for women's curves. I'd highly recommend it. Call scubatoys and they'll give you LeisurePro's price, help you size it, and take returns no problem, even if you just don't like it.

So now my not-quite-certified wife has better gear than I do...aint it always the way? :wink:

Gregg

I started diving with the Diva and quickly learned to hate it. It never fit me right (and it was "fitted" before I bought it), I hated the bulk, and the cumberbun was simply too wide for my figure. I now dive with a Zena and love my BC. Plus I"m a rather minimalist type of diver, so no bulkiness is heaven to me.

That said, if your wife loved the Diva and it fit her well, she should have no hesitation in buying one. The Diva is an extremely popular women's BC and a lot of women love them. They key is to find what fits HER, period.

my girlfriend did some of her cert dives in the Diva and liked it. She ended up getting a Libra from Triple L (not the ladies cross strap one). Its a vest style and she really likes it. The inflator is a dry suit valve, so inflate and deflate are a little different - but she likes it.

I got a stratos and have been very happy with it.

I'm the girlfriend in timle's post. I really liked my instructor's wife's Diva that I used on my checkout dives. I thought I was pretty set on it until I saw the price tag. It didn't seem like it was worth the extra cost. It was nice but actually most of the BC's I've tried besides the crappy rentals have felt as good when properly sized. Also with a wetsuit on I didn't really need the sports bra option.
I love my Triple L Libra. It has integrated weights and fits well. The cheap price allowed me to buy other toys. Being new to scuba I didn't want to drop so much money on a BC fearing my diving will evolve. Who knows I might want a back inflate, or BP/W next!

Miranda

How does your wife feel about it? That's the important consideration since it is her BC. If I wanted a Libra and my husband bought me a cheaper BC, I'd be rather unhappy with him.

I love my Diva. But then again, it works for me (although it took a few dives to get used to). I dove with someone who had it and couldn't stand it.

Back
Top Bottom