Can i paint my backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver30

Reaction score
Hello guys i just want to no is there any paint out there to paint a bacplate which wont scrtatch and u dont have to brush on.

i want to paint my backplate as my dad has them made and we sell loads but i had to make an extra hole in myn then sanded it so it is a bit scratched and has scratches from diving so please help.

diver30:)

If you paint it then it will probably end up looking worse. Any scratches from diving or carrying the plate will scrath the paint off and really stand out. Paint could also hide any small cracks that might be forming (Although this would be unlikely)

If you are worried about how it looks then you could polish the scrathes out. Use some fine 'wet and dry' paper or some wire wool and finish off with brasso.

E only really sells em to his m8s as he brought one a while ago and his mate works in a place were they mould metal etc so he got him to make a load he only has 2 left now and there alluminium

diver30:)

In addition to looking worst in the long run, some paints do not react well with some plastics and you could well distroy your wing. Painting AL is a lot more difficult than it first appears. It has to be cleaned and primed with a primer paint for aluminum first or the paint coat will not stick well. If it were me, I would leave the scratches and view them as battle scars, something to be proud of....but if you must have it looking new, polish it instead of painting it....I just wish my tanks were not painted..

yer i wish my tanks werent painted neither.
and am gonna just leave me scratches (battlescars sounds) good

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom