East Side Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booth22

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Canyon, Saguaro or any of the east side lakes recently? I've heard that vis is both better and worse than Pleasant. Looking to see if anyone can give a definative answer. We'll be diving somewhere this weekend, just not sure where to go! Also, for anyone who has dove at Saguaro or Canyon, where's the best spot for shore diving. Or easiest access for shore diving? Thanks, booth

Bartlett is a mud puddle compared to Pleasant. Was at Saguaro a couple of months ago. I would say visibility was worse than pleasant, but not by much. I dive Pleasant pretty regularly. Visibility has improved since mid summer.

jcf

I'll be diving on Pleasant on Sunday, always looking for a dive buddy, if you are going there let me know.
Thanks
Andres

Andres, what time are you going? My wife and I might make it out, but we haven't decided yet. Let us know and we'll try to make it. thanks!

Maybe too late for this weekend. Dove Pleasant this past week, conditions were actually pretty good. I'll be posting a dive report shortly. As for the east side lakes, Saguaro has been pretty bad. I haven't been there in several months, but a shop I deal with in the valley recently started doing their OW dives at Pleasant because Saguaro got even worse. I thought it was pretty bad before. I can't really imagine it being worse. As for Canyon, I've never seen it better than Pleasant. I've heard that it's gotten bad there too.

As for entry sites in case you want to head out there anyway:

Saguaro - Keyhole or boat ramp 2.

Canyon - Boulder Beach or Acacia Beach, Acacia is an easier entry than Boulder, but neither is that bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom