Ft. Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. Bring your gear. There are plenty of boat and beach diving is always a possiblity if the weather is decent (no wind).

jessecurry:
I'm in Ft. Lauderdale right now, no SCUBA gear with me, and no time for diving, but I'll probably be in the area for the next few weekends on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Is there any good diving around here? Should I grab my gear next time I come down?

Ft Lauderdale? Scuba Heaven... I'll be there Sunday in Marvel's back yard...

Marvel, are you going to be home?

Al

What time are you planning to be there. I was there last weekend, but sunday wasn't that good, kind of rough.

aabond:
What time are you planning to be there. I was there last weekend, but sunday wasn't that good, kind of rough.

We hit Hibiscus St at about 8:30 or so. When we got there, the waves were definitely 2' or less. By the time we finally got into the water at 9:30, the waves had picked up a bit... they were maybe 2-3'. The viz was pretty good... We had an easy 15-20 feet. The water temp varied from 76.3 at the surface to 73.8 at 18-20'.

Since I had a DM trainee with me, I let him lead us. (Beach diving was a new experience for him) We dropped just prior to the first reef, and swam out to the second reef. The fish population seemed a little sparse compared to what I'm used to seeing at LBTS.

I wish I would have seen your reply earlier... but... I crashed early, because we were meeting at 5:45 this morning. <yawn!>

It was nice seeing everyone at the dive show, yesterday.

Al

Should you bring your gear??????

Last time I looked Florida was called dive capital of the world.:D

Looks like you made a big boo boo, not bringing your gear.

Lessoned learned.:wink:

Are you kidding? Ft. Lauderdale has some awesome diving! Redeo 25, Tenneco Towers, Spotfin Reef... Definitely bring your gear, or hook up with a dive shop and rent some.

Hey Raf
Glad you found us! Nice meeting ya at the show the other day!

Heh, if you guys see my green Mares Quatro fin floating by, hang onto it for me. It is probably out there on the reef somewhere in front of Marvel's place with a whole nest of golf balls.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom