Jupiter lemon sharks - when?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brianstclair

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know they're coming up... January? February?

I'm pretty free to drive down there from Gainesville at a moments notice. When should I start paying attention, making calls down there, etc.? Should I just call one of the dive ops down there and see if they'll contact me when the sharks show up? What's the best way to make sure that I get a chance to see 'em?

Brian

Thanks Tom - I just emailed Paul. That was exactly what I was looking for. Maybe I'll see you down there.

Brian

brianstclair:
Thanks Tom - I just emailed Paul. That was exactly what I was looking for. Maybe I'll see you down there.

Brian

And if you are set up on his list, you recieved an e-mail today that says the lemon shark's were there on Sunday.

Which is way early as I understand it.

Ahoy everyone!
On Sunday 12/04/05 we had our first lemon shark sighting of the season!!!! Four lemons up to 9 feet long were sighted on the first dive of the morning trip. As you know these sharks have been coming to Jupiter in large numbers supposedly to pair up with mates. Whatever the reason they are an awesome sight to see! The sharks are usually around for only a couple months. This is the earliest sighting yet, we have had lemons agregating as late as mid-March but don't push your luck and miss them get your seats early!
Paul
www.jupiterdivcharters.com
561-262-4885
SCUBA Works 561-575-3483

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom