what if there was a map of the spiegel grove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kensuguro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Okay, so the bottom line is that there's no accessible map of the spiegel grove. The original plans may exist, but atleast it's not easily accessible. Indiana Univ. scuba program is doing one, looking to be completed some time during next year. I doubt it will be publicly available tho, and I have no idea what sort of a map it is going to be.

In the meanwhile tho, I was wondering what a map of the spiegel should look like. I'm sure there will be a diverse response, from the easy "overview" to a detailed map for penetration. Me, I was looking for an "overview" type map also with safe swimthrough points. We don't have too much bottom time with 1 tank, so knowing where to go is a good thing.

What's your opinion?

Well - there are two distinct audiences to consider....

1> The recreational diver.
a> External 3D type relief showing moring balls, major sites to see - i.e. Cranes, Guns, Plaque, etc
b> Cut aways of the top deck layouts showing basic room structure, room names & egress cut outs.

2> The technical diver.
The more and more I think about it - leave it w/ NARA and let us do our own research. If we want to go there - we should be willing to do the legwork. The dive will only be that much more a sense of accomplishment if you have to work for it.

-Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom