Tucson Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba jeff

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

My wife has a conference in Tucson this Jan. I may go with her, or I may stay in Ohio. I was wondering if there is any good diving around Tucson (anything within 30 to 45 minutes). Let me know.

Thanks!

scuba jeff:
Hello,

My wife has a conference in Tucson this Jan. I may go with her, or I may stay in Ohio. I was wondering if there is any good diving around Tucson (anything within 30 to 45 minutes). Let me know.

Thanks!

30 - 45 minutes, No. If you want to take a 4 or 5 hour drive south to San Carlos mexico you can get in some good diving there.

What do you consider good? Unfortunately Tucson doesn't have any diving opportunities in or around it. There are a few lakes around (what you would probably call ponds), but diving isn't allowed in them, and you wouldn't want to anyway. I've been in a couple on S&R missions and it's truly black water. You can find okay diving within 2-3 hours of Tucson - lake diving with 10-20 feet of viz and not much to see. You can also drive 6-7 hours to San Carlos (south), San Diego (west), or Lake Mohave (northwest) for good diving. All locations will give you about 20-30 feet of viz and mid-50s to mid-60s temp. San Carlos and San Diego have great sea life and reefs to see. Lake Mohave has some small "wrecks". I'd suggest at least 2 nights at any of these places. Lake Mohave is right outside of Laughlin, NV. You can get rooms for as little as $20/night. There are a couple of shops in Bullhead City, AZ, but they're part-time shops, so make sure to make arrangements for air rentals ahead of time. If you decide to come out and want more information, let me know. I can give you more specific information on each of the sites if you need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom