Adjusting a Halcyon Eclipse BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elmagnoon

Contributor
Reaction score
I've used my Halcyon for about 20 dives or so and I don't think I've quite figured out the right fit for me. I keep the straps snug. It feels very comfortable in and out of water and I the rig and I move as one unit.
The problem I'm having is getting in and out of it. Specially getting out of it.

I tried to loosen off the straps a bit to make it easier to take off but now it feels wobbly and though I haven't tried in water yet I don't think it will be comfortable in the water.

How do you adjust your halcyon, is there certain guidelines on how to adjust it?

Thanks
Kal

I'm kind of in the same boat w/ my eclipse. I figure I can just deal with it being a little tight to take off. I haven't gotten to take it out on a real open water dive yet (weather's too cold and crappy, no money or time for a trip right now), but I've been going about once a week to play in the pool at my LDS. I tried today to take it off underwater like they taught us in class, that was a little difficult, but do-able. I don't need any extra weight so my staying down with it when I took it off was the biggest challenge.

Was going to buy a new BCD this winter for diving off new jersey, this spring. Looking at the OMS your talking aboutc and the Halcyon BCD. Man i like both , But i heard the HALCYON is pain in the butt to adjust. this is my 3rd bcd, had a genisus,phantom the intergrated was crap velcro kept loosing the pockets, told genisus, of course got no reply. and i now have a dacor pro rig whis almost drowned me this past summer . had a mask problem entering water and when i went to fill my bcd to keep me a float the air kept dumping out the top dump val seems the ball on the coard is to long and got hung up in the bcd shoulder strap. and kept dumping while i was filling. thank god for dry suits . also when i got home i cut the ball off and shortened the string . now im looking for an expensive bcd but simple . my instructor has a halcyon and raves about any one have any comments about the 2 would help thanks

Stay with it, They have a "sweet spot" somwhere between the shoulder strap, and crotch strap adjustment. You'll find it, there is also a little technique in getting the chicken wing thingie going your way. Once you hit it once, you'll see what I mean!

2bluefins:
Was going to buy a new BCD this winter for diving off new jersey, this spring. Looking at the OMS your talking aboutc and the Halcyon BCD. Man i like both , But i heard the HALCYON is pain in the butt to adjust. this is my 3rd bcd, had a genisus,phantom the intergrated was crap velcro kept loosing the pockets, told genisus, of course got no reply. and i now have a dacor pro rig whis almost drowned me this past summer . had a mask problem entering water and when i went to fill my bcd to keep me a float the air kept dumping out the top dump val seems the ball on the coard is to long and got hung up in the bcd shoulder strap. and kept dumping while i was filling. thank god for dry suits . also when i got home i cut the ball off and shortened the string . now im looking for an expensive bcd but simple . my instructor has a halcyon and raves about any one have any comments about the 2 would help thanks

I don't want to argue one style or fit apply for everyone, but if you have any particular reason or condition, one contineous harness isn't PITA at all. Once you get the right spot, you don't need to adjust it at all.

I know some divers who are using the easy clip or quick clip like OMS (whatever you called) because of their medical condition (arm, sholder, or elbow problems) or don/doff at the water, not on the boat..... Otherwise, it is matter of time to get used to the new rig...

My 2 psi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom