Diving in Sharm El Sheikh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kckskh

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi! I have the intention of going on a low budget diving trip to sharm for 2 weeks to a mth in summer nex yr. I am happy enough to cover my accomodation(b and b or hostel will do) and meals(simple 1s will do) from working. Can any1 advise me on the following questions?

1)As i intend to work part time, leading dives, can i just look for a dive centre once i reach there? I am currently a PADI AI who should be getting my instructor this coming march.

2)Should i book air tix(which airline?) and hostels separately or should i just book air tix first and look for accomodation when i reach there? (or any other suggestions?)

3)Any1 done something similar and can share with me what you did? I am currently located in Newcastle, UK

Can't help you with most of this but I would say to check the legal requirements before you go out there if you are relying on getting some work.

I believe (although I could be wrong) that there are permits required to allow you to work as a dive guide and I'm not sure how easy they are to get or how long they take.

Hi there, hard work if u want to freelance. Try to get in on 1 DC, visa not always a prob u can get one at airport will cover sinai for 4 weeks. Some dc's may want u to have work permit, here in Dahab not too strict. They may also want u to have ssdm card. Book with Red sea flights, accom try sharks bay or pigeon house as they are cheap. you should get out for a week or two orientation dives with a dc. They will not let u guide unless u know the sites. helpful!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom