Wing Air Leakage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi.

Is it normal for air slowly to escape from a wing? For example, if you fill a wing with air, is it normal to expect the wing to be a bit softer a few hours later? I find this is happening with two of my wings. There does not appear to be a leak in either of the wings--one is new (never used) and the other has been used only once. They are both pristine. Could this slow air seapage have something to do with the seals in the exhaust valve or inflator? Anyone have idea what could be the problem and/or any suggestions for trying to fix it?

Thanks.

Mahjong

I think if it was me I'd submerge it in water, if there's air leaking out there has to be signs of it somewhere, you may need to weight it down and leave it there for a long while for an air bubble to be noticed.

If air gets out, then you should see a bubble eventually otherwise air is not getting out.

Thanks...that's exactly what I did...air bubbles raced from the upper elbow joint screw cap...I opened it up and found that the rubber gasket was missing...many thanks...mahjong

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom