Zeagle Tech bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoreliner11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a chance to get a used Zeagle tech bc in good condition for a really good deal. My question is: as a beginning diver would you recommend this bc? It has the 65 pound lift bladder. I could change the bladder out if need be. Your thoughts? Thanks
Aaron

I dove a "Tech" with single tanks for years and never had a problem.
Like all the other Zeagles, the "Tech" is tough as nails.

the K

If you get a good deal....you might want to consider getting another smaller bladder for your warmer water pursuits.

Copied off of the Zeagle site:

"Zeagle– Custom configured buoyancy systems.

Zeagle's approach to buoyancy systems is unlike that of any other manufacturer.
Divers come in many shapes and sizes, and they do different types of diving in widely varying environments.
We don't believe a limited range of models in fixed sizes can meet everyone's needs.
Zeagle's BC's are systems of interchangeable components. They can be quickly and easily customized by your dealer to fit your individual needs.

Start by looking at our standard systems, locate the BC that has the basic features you need, and configure it to match your exact requirements."

You don't say one way or another, but if you're ever going to get into tech diving, the cheapest route is to buy your equipment only once. If that's the case, get a backplate and wing now instead of the Zeagle->ebay and then buy a BP/W like so many of us did.

Roak

If you are getting a good deal go for it, you are buying some of the best customer service in the industry.

I ended up getting a 2 month old Zeagle Tech BC for $300. I thought this was a good deal so I jumped on it. I think I'll look into maybe a smaller used bladder because I'll be diving in Townsville AU for 5 months. Is it just the fact that other bladders are smaller (possibly more movement with bc)? Thanks
Aaron

Aaron,

Smaller air cells will be more streamlined, with less air shifting.

The Zeagle Stiletto 35# air cell or All-elastic 34# would be a good choices to complement your Tech.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom