Diving in Nice, South of France.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone knows any good dive centres in the Nice/Monte Carlo area as I am travelling down there in the next couple of days. I'm fairly experienced so am looking for some good dive sites but as allways, cost is a big issue. Would be very grateful if any one has any tips.

Hi Anthony,

Was there two October ago, and there are a fair number of ops between Marseilles-Monaco, but I didn't think much of the admitedly limited diving I undertook.

In Hyeres, a bit NNE of Toulon, check out the local Destintion Plongee chain shop: Joël Rimbaud Avenue de l'Aéroport - 83400 Hyères Tel. 33 - 04 94 38 35 85 Fax 33 - 04 94 38 30 72 Minitel: 3615 SCUBAPLONGE. The diving of Porquorolles is okay.

Couple of shops in Cagnes sur Mer, a bit WSW of Nice, are Ancre d'Or 84 bd Plage, BP 64 06802 Cagnes Cédex 93 31 02 10 & Société Nautique Cagnes/Mer rue Capit Frégate Vial 93144800-93075993.

The above shops accepted my PADI cert, but some French ops want CMAS (World Underwater Federation).

Best of luck.

DocVikingo

Thanks for your tips Doc. Actually just returned and found a good shop in the harbour in Nice. Fairly good diving just off the coast of Cap Ferrat, but nothing really spectacular. Good encounter with common octopus though.
Thanks for your help. Anthony.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom