Does anyone make a backplate pad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wdlk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know that Halcyon makes a backplate pad (MC Storage Pad) but does anyone else make a backplate pad or storage pack? I have search but have not been able to find any discussion on this topic. Thanks

William

OMS makes an 'MC Pack' similar to the product marketed by Halcyon. A surface marker buoy will fit up inside it. Dive Rite may also have a similar product. These are made of material which is similar to cordura nylon fabric. No padding.

In terms of actual foam 'padding', one objective of using a backplate is to avoid the padding.

Adding it, then, is sort of pointless...

I think Oxycheq is also making one.

Thanks Doc Intrepid. I guess I used the wrong phrase. I am not looking for padding, just the outer shell pack to provide storage and to help reduce rubbing that might wear on the wing or drysuit. I figured it would be cheaper to replace a plate cover than to replace a wing or drysuit. May not help or needed, but would consider it, if it would provide some benefit. At this point I am curious about who makes a storage pack, the only one I have found is the halcyon and would like to see the differences from other manufactures.

yup Oxy, OMS and of course Halcyon. I dont believe DR makes one yet.

if you are worried about the plate rubbing your suit or wing you can use a product from like rhino guard and spray the plate and cut out all the slots and holes. it wll put a rubberized like finish on the plate and keep it from sliding around once it is on you as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom