Key Largo dive buddy needed Jan 14-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_matt

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm planning my first Florida dive trip for Jan 14-16 but my usual dive partner is not able to join me. I live in San Francisco and don't have any local buddies in the keys. Does anyone have suggestions about finding a local buddy?

A little about me: I am a safe, confident AOW diver with nitrox certification (~53 dives). I am a computer diver (love my Suunto Mosquito) whose last dive was in Maui, just five months ago. Not a picky diver, I like reefs, wrecks, deep, shallow, you name it.

Any suggestions on finding a buddy would be greatly appreciated!

I am seriously considering going that weekend, but I am a total newbie, so I hesitate to offer myself as a buddy!LOL! A burden, maybe, but not a buddy! I was just certified on October, and since my Cozumel trip was postponed, I have not been on my first dive trip yet.

diver_matt:
Any suggestions on finding a buddy would be greatly appreciated!

I think you have come to the right place. I would be willing to join you at least one of the days. I open to anything as well. Let me know once you have everything set or if you need any help.

Alex

I was also looking for someplace to go in January. Key Largo would work just fine. If you still need a buddy let me know.

Glen

I would also be interested...with the other replies, who knows, maybe we can get a group together.....I recently started diving again after being out of the water for 18 years and am going crazy trying to dive as much as possible now...feel free to e-mail or IM with the particulars......Cheers, Matt

Have y'all chose a dive-op there to deal with? I am looking at staying in Marathon and am researching the dive-ops. I'll be there Jan 12-16 if anyone wants to meet up.

FlIrishman:
Go down to Key Largo / Tavanier and stay with and dive with Conch Republic. They'll set you up with a room and diving and a dive buddy if you need one. The Speigle Grove, Duane and the dozen's of 20ft reefs are great dives.

I second Conch Republic. Great Operation.

Lisa0825:
Have y'all chose a dive-op there to deal with? I am looking at staying in Marathon and am researching the dive-ops. I'll be there Jan 12-16 if anyone wants to meet up.

Silent World... $200 for 10 dives incl. tanks and weights
http://www.silentworldkeylargo.com/
Hungry Pelican for lodging...
http://www.hungrypelican.com
Subways for food... :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom