Orlando orientation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adder70

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes! I may finally be coming home!!

I am interviewing on Monday in Maitland, and will probably need to decide sometime next week whether to accept the job or not in Orlando. I will be getting into the area sometime Sunday, and I would welcome any knowledge about local neighborhoods, etc. on the North side of Orlando to check out. I would also be interested in meeting anyone for dinner or a late lunch to talk Orlando and scuba in general. Please PM me and we can discuss further.

Are you buying or renting? Do you want a short term let to check out the area before making a big cash drop?

There are many good neighbourhoods just west of that area and north of there depending how close you want to get to commuting up and down I-4 or along 414. I-4 around that area is a pain in the morning unless you are heading north/east from nearer downtown. Talk to Pete about that area as he lives right there.

Orlando scuba shops in that area are good for one thing, buying gas, not much else to recommend - walk in with a tank, banter for a few mins and get out of there as quickly as possible. Its the usual distance to go diving, about 2+ hours in most directions. Depending on when you want dinner/lunch i might be free.

Hey close to Mait. is the Florida Dive Institute, a.k.a. The Dive Station. Keith runs the place and its a laid back shop. He is very well versed in all the gear and equipment and will get whatever you need. Anyhow Orlando isnt to bad, you can go to Blue Springs to get wet. Its about a 25 to 35 minute trip east. Nothing to spectacular to see accept the manatees. Anyhow if you want just im me sometime on aol mask4782
SM

Corey,

so how did it go? I apologise for not calling regarding meeting up, it slipped my mind with other things going on that weekend. Even so, if you still require info just ask or PM.

ya corey how did it go? i live in orlando and im fixing up a 20 foot power boat.maby we could go diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom