Apeks WTX-3 wing is kinda cheesy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ae3753

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I don't get it, the Apeks WTX-3 wing is cheesy. Considering all the other wings in the same price range, why would Apeks produce a single layer bladder that is slightly bulky and only uses 840 nylon?

Am I missing something about the wing that makes it desirable beyond the others on the market? Is the in water characteristics amazing?

Are you talking about the new one Aqualung is pushing? I so, I agree! I Heard great things about it from a LDS while in development, and how it was goint to put Halcyon in it's place. When it finally made it's appearance I was shocked to see that it was.....junky! and seemed that no thought went into it at all. Plastic crap and padding! I was VERY dissapointed in the quality, looks like Aqualung is riding on the good name of Apeks, And turning out inferior products in their name! Not good for buisness, as it wont take long to ruin a good reputation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom