Zeagle Zena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shallow Draft

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody got anything bad to say about the Zena BC?
I am thinking about an upgrade for my SO and the choise is a Zena or Diva. The Zena seems to have a more flexable fitting adjustments. She is 5ft 2inches and not model slim. How is that for politicaly correct?

The Zena is by far, the best fitting womens BC on the market. They are very versatile as far as sizing goes, and contrary to what you may read, they DO NOT only come in SM, MED and LG sizes. The different parts of the BC can be sized independantly to make a custom fit. Going price should be no more than $450. Also, Zeagle backs all thier BC's with a lifetime warranty to the original owner. This, combined with the quality of Zeagle's products makes it a great buy.

My wife is just through the pool part of her OW cert. I went ahead and got her gear for the pool part of the class, and we went with the Zena.

It's a fantastic BC. She needed some hybrid parts...mostly a medium and a small waist I think...anyway, there are three independantly sizeable parts. The front fits like a corset, as my wife describes it, and she loves the fit. It has two webbing belts ant a front zipper instead of a cummerbund. She has done some resort diving and one OW course before all in rental gear which she very much disliked because it was bulky and cumbersome, and she says the Zena is really helping her enjoy the SCUBA thing a lot more. It's very trim and uncluttered. Great fit and finish. Great weight pockets, with a couple back by the tank and large dumpable pockets up front.

We got it from ScubaToys and they helped us figure out the sizing based on measurements and recommended the Med/Small hybrid we went with. Got it on the first try. Buy it from an authorized dealer because the Lifetime Warranty is sweet.

Good luck! :)

Gregg

I don't think I have ever seen a post that directly asks for negative feedback on a product....but they usually get it.

My first BC was a Diva, and after only 10 dives, I hated it. I found it to ride up on my body and shift a lot...and it was supposedly fitted properly. That began my quest for a new BC, and since I knew I wanted to go back inflate, the choices were narrowed considerably.

Frankly, after trying on the Zena, I knew I was sold. I couldn't make the shoulders ride up or the body shift without applying a considerable amount of pressure to it. The double body strap points and the corset design all work together to make the Zena sit perfectly on my body, and the ability to swap out components to make a custom fit, sold me. :D

All this aside, your SO really needs to buy the BC that fits her the best. The Diva is a popular BC for a reason and you see a lot of them on dive boats. On the other hand, I rarely see another Zena on a dive boat, but when I do and chat with the owner, we have our own little love fest about how much we love our Zenas! :wink:

I am psyched to read these reviews. I just purchased a Zena for my hubby to give me for Xmas! LOL
Always loved my Diva but it is time to treat myself. If I had not found the Zena at a phenomenal price (store closing) I would have gone with a new Diva. Mine fits me like a glove so I will be sad to put it into my student inventory (might continue to use for pool sessions)

Can't wait to unwrap the Zena and take for a test run! Merry Christmas!

My wife loves her Zena. She used the Ranger off of the rental rack a couple of times, and thought she wanted a ranger. After trying on a Zena at the store, she was hooked.

I tried the following Zeagle products: Zena, the Stiletto, and the Brigade.

The Zena fit well, but so did the Stiletto and the Brigade. (I'm 5'9" and 160 lbs.) I think that tinier women may benefit more from the women's bcs, but I'm not certain.

For me, the ability to size the straps separately from the waist on the unisex bcs was sufficiently flexible -- I didn't really need the extra hip strap to make things comfortable.

Why didn't I choose the women's bc?: I decided since all things fit-wise were pretty much a toss up, I would go with the unisex bc. That way, when/if I decide to get rid of it I have more potential buyers/benefactors (like my little brother).

Added benefits of the bc I chose?: There were more d-rings and utility pockets in the unisex versions. Again, fit was a toss-up, so I went with utility.

Why the brigade and not the stiletto?: No real reason. I got an extra pocket and I could distinguish my brigade from my husband's stiletto.

So, I have nothing bad to say about the Zena...I just offer that you could consider the unisex and if the fit works you might choose one for these same reasons.

Talk to Larry at scubatoys!!!!!!!!!!! You can get one from him for WAY uner $450! AND he'll custom rig you one if you'll give him you're measurements. Make the call and just see.

Back
Top Bottom