Transport Canada Tank Certs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canuck Diver

Reaction score
I am currently living in Australia and have purchased two cylinders down here. I will eventually be going back to Canada and would like to bring my cylinders back with me. These cylinders are Faber Steel 10.5 L tanks, but they are certified to Australian standards and don't have a Transport Canada (TC) cert stamp on them which is what I am told I need. Does anyone know how/where I can get them certified or what can be done with them.

I am just hoping that I don't have to sell them off before leaving here...

Bendiggens,
I do frequent diveoz quite often am actually on a course with the webmaster, webguy this weekend... Love the site...
But back to business, the shipping costs will be negligable as I am shipping my whole house back in a container. The costs of two extra tanks will not make a difference, so selling them would probably lose me more money. I will sell them if I have to, but I like them a lot as they are now set up for twins etc so I am hoping not to part with them... If I can't do anything with them back home though, it defeats the purpose.

Regards,
Trevor.

As you state your tanks must have a DOT or TC stamp to be filled in Canada.

I'm not sure if you can get your tanks certified here but, if you can, it will most likely be done by an outfit that does hydro testing. TC just sets standards, I don't think they test.

Do you have an LDS that you used to deal with in Canada? If so contact them and find out who does their hydros. Then contact those people and ask if your tanks can get certified here.

Back
Top Bottom