WARNING!!! Divebooty.com virus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I tried to sign up to write a gear review and received this in my email system.

The Doctor Web Anti-Virus has found viruses in the e-mail coming from "support@divebooty.com" to your address. The message was deleted.I use this site a lot to compare prices and reviews on gear. To write a review requires you to sign up and verify your addrss from your email. One of my AV progs caught something in the email and ditched it!

E-mail them to tell them about it but be aware that many virus programs give false e-mail addresses for the sender. I get several messages a month telling me that e-mails that I never sent were undeliverable.

This was supposed to be my confirmation email to complete my registration. I'm thinking it could be the AV prog, too. They block stupid stuff sometimes.

I get multiple emails per day from the CIA and the FBI, even some addressed as the admin of my own server telling me that I visit illegal websites. Tsk, tsk. eyebrow

gotta watch out for those booty's with viruses!

W

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom