power inflator replacement / compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidNedved

Reaction score
Hi All,

Getting ready to replace the AIR2 on my ScubaPro BC with a standard power inflator. I found a genesis power inflator for $19.95 on diversiscount.com, but don't know if they're all compatible, does anyone here know?

Also, I would actually rather replace the whole hose up to where it connects, and get the pull-purge valve out of the system, so if anyone knows where I can source an entire hose assembly including elbow, specifically one that can go on scubapro bladders, I would actually like to hear about that too....

Oh, the bladder is the travtek wing for the X-tek harness/BC. I don't want to spend a lot because I'll probably be going BP/wings this fall, but since I've already got a backup 2nd stage now, I want to get that heavy Air2 off my BC... and also turn it into some much-needed cash on ebay!

Thanks in advance!

David

Originally posted by DavidNedved
Getting ready to replace the AIR2 on my ScubaPro BC with a standard power inflator. I found a genesis power inflator for $19.95 on diversiscount.com, but don't know if they're all compatible, does anyone here know?
No they're not. The Air II uses a high flow connection and a "standard" inflator takes, well, a "standard" connection. So you'll have to replace the BC hose as well.

Of course selling the Air II and a hose that'll fit it (and pointing that out in the ad) will help on eBay.

Roak

Thanks for the quick response... I guess that (as usual) I didn't state my question clearly enough... I know that I'll need a standard LP hose, and I'll sell the Air2 hose with the Air2. What I'm curious about is whether or not it will fit into the corrugated hose that attaches directly to the bladder.

In other words, is it as simple as cut wiretie, remove air2, and wiretie the power inflator back in? And are all the corrugated hoses the same size? I know there's a little stainless steel cable running through mine which operates the shoulder dump, and if I could switch our the corrugated hose and dump valve for a more streamlined one with no dump, I'd like that too!

Thanks!

David

Woops, sorry about that.

Back in the dark days I put a TUSA Duo-Air (TUSA branded Air II) on a Dacor RIG. I noticed that the fit was very, very tight. So you might find the fit when going the other way could be a bit loose.

But I can't give you a "for sure" one way or another.

Roak

Oh well, thanks anyway for the info... maybe somebody else on the board has experience with my particular brands:

- scubapro BC
- genesis inflator (or any other one you can buy online for roughly $20)

Anyone done this?

Anyone done this?
I am looking to change my ScubaPro inflator and I would prefer to change it as a set, including the pump valve (part which attaches to the BCD, the corrugated hose and the power inflator).
Have you ever figured this out? Is it possible to use other brand valves?

As far as I know, my Zeagle replacement was complete.

As far as I know, my Zeagle replacement was complete.
The tech might have had to fiddle with the flange at bcd a bit. I can't recall for sure. The change was a few years back.

I only changed it because the Scubapro assembly needed changing and the tech only had a Zeagle available. I was going to be leaving for a trip before he could get a Scubapro part in. I'm so pleased with the Zeagle replacement that I'm glad that I accepted the swap out. That's why I didn't ever bother to swap out when I returned from the trip.

I had used the Scubapro BPI for a long time before it needed changing. Obviously, I'd become used to it and used it properly but was never a fan.

The swap turned out to be a delightful surprise.

It's like this:
Screenshot_20230804_020639_Chrome.jpg

@arvin

The OP for this thread hasn't checked into Scubaboard since 2005. You arenot likely to get a reply from him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom