Please recommend sites near Silver Springs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpsexton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm planning a trip down the week after Christmas to do some springs diving. I'll be staying with family in Silver Springs. We are going to Ginnie Springs on the first day but I would like to find some others that are less expensive or even free. :D My son and I are OW certified so this is purely recreational no cave penetration. Also any dive shops you would recommend for tank rental and air fills?

Thanks,

John

hey JP,

My wife and I will be at Ginnie Springs on the 28th, would also like too visit some of the other springs, maybe we will meet up there. BTW, I am originally from Madison County KY.

hmm.. Troy springs is only ten per diver, it's a state park, theres the remnants of an old wreck there and a nice hole. Royal is right near there, it's free.

Blue grotto and Devils den are close to you as well, each costs about 30.

That's right, I forgot about the entrance fee. Anything below $10 I don't even count.

OK, trips planned. :D

1st day - Ginnie Springs
2nd day - Troy Springs and Royal Springs
3rd day - Alexander Springs

I'm really looking forward to it. I'll figure out a dive shop for tanks and air when I get there. Looks like there is a couple in Ocala and that would be convienent on my back to Silver Springs each day.

Thanks

John

Ginnie will have tanks to rent & fills. Troy & Royal I don't have personal experience with, but I don't think that such is offered. Alexander Springs I know for certain does not offer any SCUBA rentals.

I don't think that I will be available, or I would offer to show you around Alexander.

Have fun.

jpsexton:
OK, trips planned. :D

1st day - Ginnie Springs
2nd day - Troy Springs and Royal Springs
3rd day - Alexander Springs

I'm really looking forward to it. I'll figure out a dive shop for tanks and air when I get there. Looks like there is a couple in Ocala and that would be convienent on my back to Silver Springs each day.

Thanks

John

I know where you can get fills up near the Troy springs and Royal springs area...

Hmmm...Ginnie on the 28th...
(checks calendar)

Jeano Beano

P.S. I might even join you guys on some caverning ... !!! If that's OK , being a spring nut myself.
Royal can get REAL SILTY if you are not careful...(I was just in there last weekend). The silt from the last round of flooding is still hanging around.

If you want to snorkle there is Rainbow River state park in Dunellon and Rock Springs near Apopka. Both are very nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom