It's cold here in Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garyfotodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Chicago, but dive in FL. Not true anymore, as I di
# of dives
200 - 499
so I have 2 plane tickets to go to Boca next month. We'll be diving on the 6th and the 8th of January.

I still cannot convince my daughter to do shore diving; she says she likes the security of having a boat in the water with her. We'll probably be on the Diversity, Fish Food, or Lady Go Diver.

Unless we drive to Key Largo Saturday night...

Your daughter is obviously wise in the ways of the water. Dive boats were invented by a consortium of God, Jehovah, Allah, Buddah, Rama, all of the Roman gods, and most of the Greek gods so shore divers thumbing their collective noses in the face of all this eternal wisdom are particularly doomed.
So who flies from Chicago to Boca now? You have a fractional ownership?

No. January is much better; lower fares, fewer crowds, and it's quiet.

Except for one wreck dive in December 1970, most of my diving was from some shore or another until 1995. That's when I found out about the Broward County dive boats. But now I have to pay two fares instead of one.

Oh, and since my teenaged daughter has lost her logbook (why am Inot surprised?), I suppose I ought to replace it.

1*F in the suburbs where I am right now.

Brr...

I'll be in the caribbean in 26 days :D -Diving St Thomas while cruising.

I can't wait to get out of this cold either!

Tom Winters:
This cold weather is the pits - I had to put on a sweatshirt and long pants today to survive.

Ha! Last Saturday morning it was about 8F. I walked to the synagogue wearing my suit. Of course, it is only about half a block.

Last night at the Bears game on the TV, there were guys bare-chested. They probably had alcohol in their veins instead of blood.

So I take it that none of the Chicago people on this thread will be ice diving with me over the next couple of months? :)

You gotta feel sorry for those FL buys, long sleeves and pants is roughing it for them. Of course they dive in dry suits and 7mil wet suits when the water temps are in the 70s. :p

DJ

ppo2_diver:
So I take it that none of the Chicago people on this thread will be ice diving with me over the next couple of months? :)

DJ

Its no that cold. I work out side all night long. you just have to dress for it. as far as ice diving IM IN .. I need to get my cert but i wil be in mexico when the scuba shop is doing the class so i have to wait till next year. but if we get some days were the ice has melted im in. im not afraid to do over head diving_-cenota's-/small caves. i would give it a try anyday./

Since it is Chicago, next week it could be 65 ...just for a day, then blizzard the next day....no wait that is spring in Chicago.

I'm up for diving no matter the temp....would prefer FL to here right now...hands down...lol

Have fun!

1 degree? 8 degrees? Why you young whippersnappers don't know cold. Heck, the last winter I was in Chicago it hit 81 BELOW with the wind chill... coldest day ever in Chicago's history. Why I walked a mile to town and then back. That's why I've been back in California ever since!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom