Ft Lauderdale over holidays

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all,

I will be in the Ft Lauderdale area from the 27-30th. Looking for a dive charter or opportunity. Who runs a good operation? Is Force-E any good? I'd like to do a non-drift, wreck dive, between 60-100ft. Been a while since I've done a boat dive and don't want to press anything.

Thanks for any info.

PerroneFord:
... I'd like to do a non-drift, wreck dive, between 60-100ft. Been a while since I've done a boat dive and don't want to press anything.

The boats don't usually do 2 wrecks. Whether or not it's a wreck on the first, the second tank is usually a drift. Don't worry about it. Drifting is the easiest diving there is.

Force-E is very good, but are you certified. I noticed from your profile, it says you are not certified yet. Do you plan on getting certified in Fort Lauderdale? Remember, Fort Lauderdale has some of the best beach diving.

Another good operation is South Florida Diving HQ, here is the link to thier website http://www.southfloridadiving.com/index.html They have three boats. You will be the happiest on the smaller boat "Safari Diver". They tend to use that boat for all the wreck trips in the depths you are looking at diving. They have a schedule of trips on thier website, just select "guest" on the popup to view they schedule. If you want to do something other then what they have listed call them. They are a great bunch of guys and girls.

Shane

Thanks for the tips everyone. Murphdivers286, no worries. I certified in '94, and have done 12 dives in the past 2 months.

Dive In Advetures, I've read some things about that operator, and to be honest, that is not what I am looking for. Thanks anyway.

PerroneFord:
Dive In Advetures, I've read some things about that operator, and to be honest, that is not what I am looking for. Thanks anyway.

Hey there... I am grounded until the 29th (stitches in my leg) but I am plannin on getting back in the water on the 30th, and our shop in Boynton (30-40 minutes from FLL) does a wreck and a reef on Fridays... Although the reef dive is a drift. We always enjoy company (especially fellow SB'ers)

My favorite is Capt. Tony on the Diversity. I have used him several times over the past few years and have always had a good time.

Parrothead is also good, but on my last trip in August I tried the Lady Go Diver. The DM there ties onto a wreck (Ancient Mariner) faster than anyone else I've seen.

Have fun.

I'll be in Fort Lauderdale over the holidays. I WAS planning on doing some diving, BUT it so damn cold! Maybe if it warms up.... I really wanted to check out the shore diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom