Anyone on here from DIVERITE??? Answer your email!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
I have sent DR a couple of emails on a problem I and others are having with the REC wing and have never received a reply.

Anyone on here from DR????

Hey, Rich,

What kind of problems are you experiencing with your "Rec" wing?

the K

RICHinNC:
Anyone on here from DR????

You might have better luck at TDS...

I think that they close for the holidays and may not be open until the new year. At least I think that.

Vie....what is TDS???

Kraken....it is the dump and corrogated hose attachment assembly. It keeps unscrewing from the part INSIDE the bladder versus the intermediate part like suppose to.

I wrote DR a long email with questions and possible solutions but havent heard zip.

When I called them about replacing the rear dump assembly I had recently replaced and the replacement broke....they said they would send me a new one....but when I asked my questions about the "unscrewing" problem, there wasnt anyone there that could help on that.

I just thought I would give a shout out here and see if anyone from DR read this stuff.

I was messing around with my "Venture" wing once and had that problem.

When I would try to detach the corrugated hose, the internal coupling would come loose.

I rectified that situation by putting just a small drop of glue on the internal coupling and then putting some o-ring lubricant on the inside threads of the external corrugated hose coupling.

What happens is that sometimes we'll get the corrugated hose coupling just a tad too tight. Since this is a larger diameter fitting than the internal fitting, the resistance to opening is greater and results in having the internal coupling release instead.

Hope this can shed maybe just a little light on your problem.

the K

This seems to be a recurring problem with DR inflators. The ring froze on my travel wing and I ended up destroying it trying to get the thing loose. I have since gotten a Venture and the same thing happened. This time I placed it in hot water and it came free.

I am with Kraken - put some glue on the disk inside the bladder and then tighten the threaded outside portion onto the ring. This should help. I think that one problem is that the hose is not fastened to the harness at the shoulder and there is some stress placed on the connection.

I wasn't joking when I said that DR is closed. We tried to order some dry suiits before the holidays last year and found that they close for vacation every year.

OK - here's the scoop. Your internal and an external flanges need to be tightened with a bc bladder flange tool. Do not put any glue in there.

Once that is tightened, put the elbow on (with gasket in place) and only tighten (or untighten for that matter) by turning the round screw-on ring. Do not turn the elbow itself. That along with cross-threading are the 2 things that damage those.

In the works is a welded flange which will make these problems not possible.

All of our computers at Dive Rite have recently become infected with viruses and our email accounts were most affected. If this hasn't helped you, please resend the email as I assume it didn't make it through.

Cheers

Thanks Jordan.....

The only question I had that could be answered here just as easy is.....is there anything (eg. vaseline, plastic lubricant etc) that can be put on the threads ???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom