Pug's Turf

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterlover

Contributor
Reaction score
We just arrived home from a weeks visit to the Seattle, WA area, Pug’s home turf. It was a trip that made many memories for us. Diving twice and sometimes three times a day it was better than any Carribbean trip we have been on. The water temps were in the mid 50’s and viz was usually around 30-40ft. The marine life is just so diverse that it exceeds anything the warm water sites have offered . I’ll go to the PNW before I go to the warm water destination. Those of you who live in the PNW have no excuse for not diving, You can dive 24/7 if you choose. I’d probably get bent if I stayed there much longer building up that residual nitrogen diving so much.
The marine life is very diverse but my favorite is the Muppet like Wolf Eels. I’d just love to bring one home with me. They are amazing:) .
The sites we dove included 3 Trees, Sunrise, Edmonds Park, Alki, Les Davis pier, Z’s Reef. Our favorite being sunrise for the wolf eels then 3 trees was second. Max depth we hit was a 100’ but you can do what ever you feel comfortable with. a wall to 200? :) We dove early Saturday morning in search of the elusive Six Gill shark. No luck :( then we had to fly home Saturday night. All in all a beautiful part of the world I’d recommend visiting before some spots in the Carribbean.
For the DIR divers out there, I recommend hooking up with the divers from 5th Dimension Dive Center. It was quite amazing to go somewhere 3000 miles from home and find people who dive the same way we do and can feel very comfortable diving with them right from the start. By the way one of the divers we dove with was just certified by 5th D in april and had better skills than some east coast instructors I have dove with.
The PNW gets 5 stars in our book. We will return to see what the winter weather is like:) Who knows maybe we’ll move there:)
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom