Planning to go to Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sirena

Reaction score
hello everybody,

i have read so many wonderful things about roatan that i would like to go there at the end of february next year--will figure out if for a week or two.

after reading all the information in this site about roatan, it seems to me that flying out of houston, tx, directly into roatan may be reasonable insurance in my luggage arriving at the same time as me. however, i would have to fly from san francisco into houston, which i think time wise it might end up being just as long as it would take if i make all the different west coast connections into roatan. but in all honesty, i don't want to have to deal with doing all the flight coordination myself, so i would like to get in contact with a great travel agent who knows what's up in the bay islands, and who can help me make my trip happen. any suggestions??? :eek:ut:

You can fly Taca from direct from San Francisco to San Salvador (SAL), El Salvador and then connect for a Taca flight to Roatan (depending on the day, you may first have to fly through San Pedro Sula (SAP), Honduras.

Re Houston-Roatan increasing the likelihood of your luggage arriving when you do, yes Houston is better than Miami, but the chances of your luggage arriving on a later flight are still noteworthy.

Hi,

I was recently in Roatan and Belize. From Europe to the States I flew with Continental and then, with TACA, New Orleans/S. Pedro Sula/Roatan; Roatan/S. Pedro Sula/Salvador/Belize City; Belize City/Houston. Having red so many things about the delays of luggage with TACA I was expecting to have to wait several days in the different locations for my diving gear. I had not a single problem with my luggage. In all the flights everything arrived perfectly on time.

Take care.

I've flown Houston to Roatan 9 times. Never had luggage not arrive with me, though a friend's luggage once took 3 days. Go figure.
As far as an agent, I've always stayed at CocoView and booked through their Roatan Charters subsidiary (based in Miami).

For what it's worth...

Call Roatan Charters....800/282-8932. They specialize in travel to the area.

I've made 4 trips to Roatan on TACA, non-stop Houston/Roatan with no problems. It's worth the smal extra expense to feel reasonable sure my gear gets there with me. 'Course you know what bag gets the priority rating!!!

thank you all for the info. i guess now is just a matter of making up my mind. thanks again! :wink:

Am heading to Roatan end of Aug... Houston/Roatan then Roatan/Mami... will post when I get back and let ya know!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom